Friday, February 17, 2012

Pottery Barn Knock-Offs Around The House

I have always had an obsession with Pottery Barn, I mean, who doesn't with beauties like these:


Via Pottery Barn



Via Pottery Barn


Via Pottery Barn

They have the most gorgeous decorated rooms that I have seen, very much my style.  What is not my style, is their price.  Sure, their items are of great quality, but I cannot justify paying more for something just because it came from Pottery Barn.  

I have found that if you do your research, you will be able to find items that are either the exact look or very similar, for a lot, lot less!  

Take for example, this lovely set of tables:


Via Pottery Barn


Do they look familiar?  If you read my blog, then they probably do:




My pictures don't look any where as beautiful as the ones from PB...sad.  These beauties were not bought at PB, but at JCPenney, and were also on sale, so I was able to get the matching end table as well.  I love these tables, they are versatile, and not too bulky for this small room.  

My next little example is this little chandy:


Via Pottery Barn


GORGEOUS!!!  I had my eye on this bad boy for the longest time, but it wasn't until we moved to this house, that I pulled the plug....just a different plug:


Via Overstock

This beauty came from Overstock, has any one been there shopping for Lighting fixtures?  They have an amazing selection, and I have seen others that look very similar to ones from PB.  The only downfall
I had was that I had to put the whole thing together, wiring and all, but it turned out to be easier than I thought, here it is hanging above the breakfast area table:



And here is a close up:




I love this chandelier, if we ever move, I will be taking it with me! On to the next thing on my list, I have been looking for new flatware, for some reason, I want drawers full of them, crazy I tell you.  And of course, I looked to PB for inspiration.  I found this set, and I fell in love.


Via Pottery Barn


I have seen this set at the store, and let me tell you, it is simply a gorgeous, heavy set.  I was truly saving to buy these, because I can see that they are of great quality, but I would need 3 sets, and it just added up to too much.  William Sonoma also has these in their stores, but they are much bigger, heavier, and pricier then these.

So I looked around, and found these:

Via Target

These are from Target.  The knife is slightly curved, the stainless steel is 18/0, which I am a little scared off to be honest, especially if you read the reviews, and they don't weight as much as the PB ones, but I figured I'll give them a try, since the price is so right.





I am so into hammered metal right now, and these look very modern, but we will see how they hold out in the long run.

Now, I recently posted about the family room cabinets that I recently bought.  Again, PB knock offs, here are the ones from their site:


Via Pottery Barn



Via Pottery Barn


I love these cabinets!  They used to have them in a washed white, but that color has been discontinued, now they also offer a walnut finish as well as this weathered red.

I happened to be walking around a furniture store with my husband, when I spotted the same cabinets there.  They have a slightly different colored interior and drawers, but other than that, the dimensions and the outside color are the same:




We ended up getting two cabinets from Rooms To Go, I could not find them online, but  they should have them in the stores.  I really like how they look, and offer a lot of storage.  I had to measure the cable and dvd boxes before we bought them, to make sure they fit, because the inside is somewhat narrow.  If you don't have a RTG near by, check your local furniture store, because I have also seen these in different stores.  I don't think you will be disappointed, even if you don't use them as a media unit, they are still a very interesting piece.

So there you have it, if you do your homework, you might be able to duplicate the look of PB rooms, for a lot less, or you may just realize how much you truly love Pottery Barn products, and decide to just buy from them.  If I ever hit the lotto, I will do just that...maybe.

Hope you have a great week.


62 comments:

  1. Wow, you have definitely done a super job of finding something just as stunning. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your knock-offs are pretty awesome. Especially the cabinets. Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered my lights from Overstock, too! I was very happy and they were a fraction of the lighting I had seen elsewhere. Thanks for the inspiration.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on those prices! I bought my sofas (a white slip covered set) from Penneys and paid less than half of what they wanted at PB. I love, love, love your chandilier. That is very unique. All of your finds are great! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous post! I loved every picture and every word. You are right, with a little time you can save yourself a whole lot of money. You've inspired me today! Following you on Linky... jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsa!!! What amazing pieces you found and saved a ton!! Love that chandelier! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love PB too, love also when I get their catalog in the mail and I look and read it from beginng to end! You are so right about reseaching and looking for a copy cat of their things...the prices are so out of my reach!
    I'm following you on GFC and Linky Followers, hope you do the same!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rondell, I do the same thing too!! Love those darn magazine's so much, I read them and then re-read them again and again, it's crazy!

      Delete
  8. This is a great post and I agree that you CAN get the look for less. Your post shows how it can be pulled off with some research and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking for knockoffs! Overstock is a great place to find them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some great knock offs! I LOVE looking at overstock for lighting knock offs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristel. I just came over from Saturday Nite Special and I'm glad I did. You've got a great eye and this was a great lesson. I love your living room and dining room. You've created some beautiful vignettes. The dragonfly art next to the t.v. is so pretty, but the way you've put everything together is what really makes it shine. Love the yellow on the walls too.

    I'm your new follower. I Hope you'll stop by for a visit.
    Hugs...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I am so into entomology prints right now, hopefully, I can add to my lonely print :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Kristel, I use Pottery Barn for inspiration and then either I make or find a less expensive version. Love your knock-offs. Your tables are prettier than PB! Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice, Kristel! Love your style, too! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing PB knock offs! Great job with recreating those pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Thank you for leaving me a comment days ago...something happened to my settings. For some reason half of my comments are being sent to spam. It has never done this before! Now Following!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have found some fabulous PB knock-offs and good for you. I cannot pay those kind of prices either, but yours look wonderful.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks fantastic. You did a great job and have a sharp eye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, thanks for sharing your sources for these great knockoffs! I love the PB look too, so I'll be on the lookout for some of these items. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've done an amazing job at finding great Pottery Barn imitations! I LOVE your overstock light fixture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, so nice! Will you, pretty please, consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-12.html ?

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kristel, just wanted to let you know I've went thur all you posts and I'm so inspired! I'm going to add some cutting boards to a little strip of wall I have in the kitchen...loved that!
    Can't wait till you post again...no pressure really! LOL

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the knock off finds! The rooms are lovely!

    Found you through Tip Junkie.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great finds, Kristel! I love your Pottery Barn knock offs! You are very clever to research and find such affordable items.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love PB, too. You have done a great job finding the knockoffs. Your home looks so comfortable and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Great knock-offs! I love Pottery Barn too! ;)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've added some nice items to your home. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. FABULOUS!!!! tons of KUDOS to you!!!!! your home looks fabulous! : ) i hope you have tons of success with your pupusa making -- remember -- very moist dough!!! : ) enjoy and sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love PB stuff too. I redid the master bath with PB inspiration. Thanks for sharing such a big PB knockoff post. Appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love PB, but have never purchased anything from them. As you said it's just too pricey but you get an A+ for your great finds, and just in case you didn't know this. The reason Williams Sonoma had the same PB flatware is because WS is owned by PB. Just thought you would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, I'm really impressed! You do your homework well. I'm always amazed by Pottery Barn's stylists, and you have done a great job with them as your inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful pictures.

    Hugs from Sweden
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cool post- get the look for less! Thanks for linking up to "Cowgirl Up!"
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is seriously inspiring! I love your house and the way you pull it all together with such ease. My fav has to be your chandelier in the dining room. Oh.my.gwarsh. Doesn't that just make you happy each time you look at it? I so want to replace mine now with this!

    If you have time we'd love to have you on my Destination: Inspiration linky party at Teagan's Travels.

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/02/destination-inspiration-linky-party-3.html

    Cheers, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, love your style and love to save money. Great blog. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by Feeding Four.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great finds!!!! I love PB too. I am your newest follower! Stop by sometime!! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing room! I love all your "knock offs", I followed your link from House of Hayworths. So glad I did, I've loved looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great job with the knock offs! Obviously I must become a smarter shopper! Thanks for the info!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  38. You found some wonderful things!! The chandelier is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. There is nothing better than doing the look for less! Thanks a ton. Visiting from Savvy Southern Style.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yeah ... I love a good knock off. I'm especially impressed with the silverware. I actually like the Target version better.

    Thanks for the tips ~
    Mary @ Sea Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  41. Girl I am just lovin' your sweet blog. Your home is gorgeous and I absolutely love your taste! I'm a new follower. Pop over for a visit sometime.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your house. It is... special !!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your knock offs are fab! I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, you have a gift! It's amazing that you were able to find all these knock-offs that look almost exactly like the PB ones. Next time you go shopping, you just invite me, ok?

    BTW I'm stopping over from the newbie party and I love your blog. I'm your newest member!
    I'd love for you to stop by and check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just beautiful! You did a great job with you knock offs!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Now that was a great post that really makes you think before you buy. I love your home and all of your knock offs.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This was a great post. I love the hammered flatware from Target. I will have to look for those myself. Such great finds, you are my kind of shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for showing that patience & an eye for bargains can give you the home of your dreams. I LOVE Overstock and was able to get a PB light fixture look-alike with $1 shipping. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. You've been featured on my blog for the "Cowgirl Up!" linky party! Come grab a featured button and check it out!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  50. Aack! I just looked at that coffee table in your 3rd image on our Craig's List last night! Trying to decide if I want to go see it or not and now here it is front and center on your blog! Maybe it's a sign ;) You're knock-offs are perfect! And, that chandelier, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Fabulous knockoffs! I too have some PB knockoffs. Our dining room chairs came from Pennys. I got all four from them for the same price as one from PB! Thanx for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great post! You're a feature this week! Stop by and check yourself out!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/03/features-from-last-weeks-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love a good knock off and you are what I call perfection my friend!! And yes, my blanket is from Ikea :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow, you did great with the knockoffs Kristel! I love that red cabinet with all the drawers!

    happy weekend!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  55. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  56. everything is so gorgeous... inspired for sure! Thanks;)

    ReplyDelete
  57. These are fundamentally brief term loans that do provide you meet your fiscal troubles within a
    desired specific time period. Thinking of time limitations these loans
    are particularly designed above an obligation cost-free platform.
    As such, these are kept totally zero cost from
    credential checksums. Difficulties such as
    defaults, arrears, bankruptcy, CCJs and even
    IVAs are not thought to be right here. Additional, there are also
    no collaterals related with these loans. There is minimal paper
    work required on the component of borrower. There are
    also no hidden or added documentation or faxing necessary here.
    Applying for these loans is also especially handy.
    People today basically need filling an internet form and once this
    gets authorized cash is received inside 24 hours time frame.

    These loans are typically provided beneath practical terms and conditions.
    The general simple applicant criteria right here is
    that they will need to be a UK resident and of 18 years of age.
    My page enter here

    ReplyDelete