Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Styling the Striped Wall


Now that I finished painting the wall with stripes, the fun part of decorating it began...  

I tried re-using what I already owned, but did want a large (very large) picture of my kids.  I purchased the frame from Ikea, and ordered the picture from Costco...for a grand total of $35.  

The only other purchase was the wreath I got from Target, I had been eyeing it for  years now, and decided it would look great on the wall, as a pop of color. 





A little gold paint went a long way with this Ikea bookcase.  I was inspired by the frames I did a while ago.


Love how the green of the wreath makes the gold stripe "pop".


BEFORE

AFTER




Hope everyone likes the after as much as I do.  Will be back soon with my Christmas home tour.  Have a great week! 



11 comments:

  1. Love it, Kristel! Your wall looks amazing and I love those fun gold corners on your bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I too love those gold corners...gold makes everything better!

      Delete
  2. that wreath does pop on the wall. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trina! I'm loving my wreath...and I think I may get some more when they go on sale ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the stripes and styling! It's such a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with your striped wall... it is AMAZING!!!!!!! Oh my! Also I am totally going to do gold edges on my ikea shelves and link back to you! Love that idea!!!!!! Your place is looking so great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the striped wall turned out, especially with the gold accent! I too have been eyeing that wreath for a long time. It might be time to give in and just buy it. Love how yours looks and I know it will be a great addition to my home as well. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks simply gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your striped wall. I never would have thought to do that accent gold color but it really looks amazing. Your attic door pull is also genius!!! I am going to copy that because I truly hate the string thing. Hope you are doing well. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete